“What We Believe,” by Ernest Holmes, was published in the first issue of Science of Mind magazine, October, 1927.
- We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute and self-existent Cause. This One manifests itself in and through all creation but is not absorbed by its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
- We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in everyone and that all people are incarnations of the One Spirit.
- We believe in the eternality, the immortality, and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
- We believe that Heaven is within us and that we experience it to the degree that we become conscious of it.
- We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
- We believe that God is personal to all who feel this Indwelling Presence.
- We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through the intuitive and spiritual nature of the individual, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the indwelling God.
- We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God; and that we are surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of our thought and acts upon it.
- We believe in the healing of the sick through the power of this Mind.
- We believe in the control of conditions through the power of this Mind.
- We believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness, and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.
- We believe in our own soul, our own spirit, and our own destiny; for we understand that the life of all is God.